Participants learn jumping and diving techniques from various heights of platforms and spring boards. Practices may include activities in and outside of the pool in order to safely learn techniques. Culminates with a fun Kinetic Kids diving competition. Learn more about scholarships here.
- Athlete may have a physical or intellectual disability
- Successful tryout or recommendation by staff
- Possess the skill and desire to compete at a higher level
- Must be able to comprehend and retain rules and skills, and then build upon them from week to week
- 1:1 support is not provided, so must be able to train, compete, function in a group setting and follow the coach’s directions without volunteer assistance
- Must be able to jump comfortably into a pool that is 8-16 feet deep and swim 10 meters to the ladder without volunteer support
- Must demonstrate independent safety awareness and follow safety rules on deck and in the pool