SA Premier CrossFit is offered to independent ambulators, those who use assistive devices and athletes who use wheelchairs. SA Premier coaches offer techniques and training to increase speed, strength, agility, coordination and endurance for athletes who with a desire and ability to compete or perform at a higher level. This division trains for CrossFit Competition in and around San Antonio. Learn more about scholarships here.
- Athlete may have a physical or intellectual disability
- Successful tryout or recommendation by staff
- Possess the skill and desire to compete at a higher level
- Must be able to comprehend and retain rules and skills, and then build upon them from week to week
- 1:1 support is not provided, so must be able to train, compete, function in a group setting and follow the coach’s directions without volunteer assistance
- Participants should be able to ambulate independently, use assistive device without assistance or self propel a wheelchair without assistance
- Must independently adhere to coaches instructions and safety guidelines regarding weights